Friday, April 29, 2011

Introducing UM Records

It's with great excitement, pleasure, anticipation, pride, delight and so many more emotions that I introduced my new project - UM Records.

The label's focus will be on the finest deep and tech house artists, hand picked to represent the underground sound that has made the weekly untitledmusic mix show so popular around the world.

As I don't make music, (never have since those dreadful school days crashing out a tune on the a glockenspiel and if you'd heard the results you'd realise it's best I never do!) the label will feature artists, both new and old, that have inspired me, made me nod my head and tap my feet to the beat.


It's thanks to the help and advice of some good friends and untitledmusic cohorts that the label has been made possible over the last couple of months. Sorting out contracts, distribution deals, mastering and even in some cases helping me contact remixers has been a learning curve for me, but great fun. I must say a big thank you to Ian, Mark, Marc, Andrew, Johnny, Matt, TK, Chris and everyone else that's been so positive and ready to help - you know who you are!

The release schedule is shaping up nicely, and in due course full promotional campaigns will be rolled out thanks to the guys at Kahua Music Promotions. The first of these releases is obviously vital to the labels success - you only get one chance to make a first impression after all!


UMR001 will see DJ/Producer Marc Cotterell (Night Drive, Manuscript, 2600, Big Mama, Plaster, Peng, Siteholder) deliver two tracks of truly underground house. 

Remixes come from Halo (CityDeep, Large, Mn2s, Nordic Trax, Seasons, NRK) and Brian Ffar (Siteholder, Proton Music, Ultra, Beat Code) making it a seriously underground deep house package. Marc Cotterell - Untitled Tracks Vol.1 is due out in July.

Marvin Zeyss (In Deep, iRecords, Nightchild, Southpark) will lead the way on UMR002, with Kev Obrien (Smoke City, Eleflight, Nightbird) and Giom (Lost My Dog, Amenti, Blackcherry) providing the remixes. 


UMR003 bring Chris Minus to the party with a killer pairing of remixers (talks continue!), then UMR004 has Santiago Santamaria (Plaster, Digital Department) serving up the deepness, remixed by Steve Lischinsky (Deso, Logo Tunisia, Tanztone) and the legendary David Alvarado (Ovum, Plastic City, Peacefrog, NRK).

UMR005 and UMR006 are still in their early stages, but UMR007 will see a limited edition vinyl release (opening up the potential of artists to those that have their focus on vinyl rather than digital releases). UMR008 will more than likely surface before this release, but I felt it was worth staying true to that underground feeling early on in the labels life - after all everyone loves owning a slab of the black stuff and thanks to Mrs Edwards and her musical punishment all those years ago I'm never gonna be the one on the vinyl - ha!

It's going to be an exciting rest of the year with the label and of course my weekly shows and the blog, and I hope you enjoy the music as much as I'm going to enjoy bringing it to you all!

Keeping the world spinning!



Links:
UM Records Facebook
UM Records Soundcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment