Thursday, August 12, 2010

UM50 - Where to from here?

Where does time go? It seems so recently that untitledmusic made a come back and I was trying to figure out what to do with some new fangled software and my first venture onto a social network.

Now UM has reached it's 50th show and it's time to take stock I think, refine a few things, refocus and heading into the future. So what's going to change?

Hearing UM should be easier!
I agree, and so I'll be adding two new shows to the weekly sounds, one with eNation and the other on Dirtyradio. These will be condensed versions of the the current format and will play new tunes and some much loved favourites, keeping it deep of course! The usual LowerCaseSounds lot's not moving either - meaning there's 3 times more reasons to tune in during the week.

The current fortnightly round up of promo's continues - fear not! But I'm going to concentrate on the quality of the tunes a bit more - the one's that I tend not to delete after recording the shows - which might mean the UM shows are a little shorter, but the quality remains!

Why don't you do short mixes anymore?
The UMix series was a nice little idea - one that turned into the highly successful Guest Mix series and that's how I see things going for a while yet. But, wait a mo! If you check out um cohort and good mukka James Drummond's Soundcloud page here then you'll find the first in a series of mini mixes - no set format or style to these, just JD having a mix and keeping it CD friendly!

You're always posting on Facebook!
Hand's up there - in the urgency to get listeners I've been known to get carried away - over the last couple of weeks I've been streamlining things on Facebook - so you'll see less of me there from now on - but the two main fans pages remain; untitledmusic and of course the Deep House page - keeping you up to date on releases and mixes of choice.

You social network whore!
This blog is the first step in broadening UM's appeal, offering content not possible on Facebook, Soundcloud, Mixcloud or the like. Yes, it's my ramblings on stuff, but as it develops there's gonna be some dedicated content from all directions, interviews, technology, fashion even? Something to read whilst you listen!

All of which brings you up to date on where things are going - in the past I'm dabbled with reviews, tracklistings, email drops and all sorts of other things - so if you've got some views on what you'd like to see post them here and you never know what might appear!

Keep the world spinning!
Richie

No comments:

Post a Comment